Update July 14, 2020
Employees Benefits during furlough and Covid 19 leave:
During the furlough period beginning April 20th, 2020, the benefits of employees and their dependents (medical, dental, vision, etc.) will continue to be covered as well as those employees under COVID 19 leave. Employees who were recalled from furlough will continue to have their portion of the premiums including dependent and supplemental premiums deducted through normal payroll deductions.
Update May 18, 2020
Management is working diligently to provide a smooth return.
As we plan for reopening (date to be determined), we are asking that ALL employees provide their personal email address and phone number to ensure we are able to provide return to work documentation once the recall order has been implemented.
Please click on link below to complete contact update:
Update May 12, 2020
While we are all eagerly awaiting a reopening date, below are some resources and updates:
SACRAMENTO – Governor Gavin Newsom today issued a new executive order further enhancing California’s ability to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Governor’s order:
- Waives the one-week waiting period for people who are unemployed and/or disabled as a result of COVID-19
- Delays the deadline for state tax filing by 60 days for individuals and businesses unable to file on time based on compliance with public health requirements related to COVID-19 filings
- Directs residents to follow public health directives and guidance, including to cancel large non-essential gatherings that do not meet state criteria
- Readies the state to commandeer property for temporary residences and medical facilities for quarantining, isolating or treating individuals
- Allows local or state legislative bodies to hold meetings via teleconference and to make meetings accessible electronically
- Allows local and state emergency administrators to act quickly to protect public health
Health officials said anyone who thinks they might be experiencing symptoms of the virus and want to be seen at Eisenhower Health should call the hospital hotline first at
Avoid the spread of this illness.
Residents with further questions can call 2-1-1 and 800–CDC –INFO (800–232–4636) with any questions.
Hope you’re all staying safe and healthy.
Update April 17, 2020
CBMI/FSRC are taking every precaution to keep everyone on property safe and healthy.
Please be advised that all employees are required to adhere to the changing CDC guidelines while coming onto the worksite, this includes picking up checks.
All employees will need to provide the following upon entrance to the property:
· Company issued ID/Gaming License
· Wear a mask/face cover (personal protective equipment)
· Adhere to the non-invasive temperature check (The reading must be under 100.4 to enter the property). In the instance when someone has a reading higher than 100.4, a second reading will be taken to confirm.
If someone is denied access to the property for one of the reasons mentioned above, here are a few scenarios and how to handle them.
· Picking up a check – Provide a signed authorized letter for another employee to pick up the check for you or the check can be mailed (contact HR: 760-238-5624)
· Reporting to work – Contact your manager right away
Please note: Vendors must adhere to check in procedures as well.
Update April 8, 2020
Once an employee is on furlough, starting April 20th, it will be entered into the system in the same manner as a leave of absence, therefore:
During the furlough if you have the following supplemental benefits like short term, long term disability, critical illness or accident ( COLONIAL, UNUM, VOYA, Supplemental Life Insurance PRINCIPAL) you will be responsible to send payment for your premium after April 20, 2020. Each provider would be billing you every month.
Employees can continue making the payments directly to Prudential or suspend repayments while on a leave of absence (no more than one year).
Upon return from furlough, additional payments must be made to ensure repayment by either; increasing the payments over the rest of the loan, or keeping the payments the same, but making a catch up payment for the missed payments during the leave of absence.
For more information: Please contact Prudential at 877-778-2100 or prudential.com/online/retirement
Court Ordered Child Support Payments or Court Ordered Garnishments:
Employees should get into contact with the court to make payment arrangement
For Assistance If you need to reach our plan providers, here is their contact information: Plan Type ProviderPhone Number Website Policy/Group # Medical HMO Aetna 800-445-5299 83702 Medical PPO Aenta 877-204-9186 837028 Dental Principal 800-247-4695 H47415 EPO – First Dental Health PPO – Princial PPO Vision Blue Shield (MES) 877-601-9083 W0051708 Life Principal 800-245-1522 H48762 EAP Holman Group 800-321-2843 N/A 401(k) Prudential 877-778-2100 920000 Supplemental Colonial Life 800-325-4368
Stay informed, keep in touch.
And if you have something you’d like to share with us; questions, concerns or relevant information, send an email to [email protected].
Remember, we’re in this together.
Update April 6, 2020
Attention all essential personnel:
Please be advised per Riverside County health officials, for your own and your co-workers protection all employees reporting to work or while on property are required to wear a face mask/face covering.
Face coverings can be bandanas, scarves, neck gaiters or other clothing that does not have visible holes.
Please see your department heads if you haven’t been issued a mask yet.
Update April 3, 2020
To all employees:
As a result of new federal guidelines extending the temporary closure of Fantasy Springs Resort Casino due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and in lieu of mass layoffs, the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians have made the difficult decision to furlough employees effective April 20th. The duration of the furlough period is undetermined at this time. We will continue to update you and provide relevant information as our organization moves toward a re-opening date and return to work for our valued employees.
“We have been fortunate to have been able to pay our full- and part-time employees for as long as we did during the temporary closure,” said General Manager Paul Ryan. “While we had hoped to avoid any type of work stoppage, furloughs are a much more preferable option to layoffs in this unprecedented scenario. By continuing to offer full benefits, we’re doing our part to ensure the health and well-being of our employees and their loved ones.”
What does this mean?
• Furloughs are a company-initiated short-term temporary unpaid leave of absence. The furlough period and provisions may be changed or terminated at the sole discretion of CBMI/FSRC, and does not create any employment contract, express or implied.
• Beginning April 20th, all furloughed employee benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.) and eligible dependents will continue to be covered by the company with no out-of-pocket contributions from the employee. Essential employees who remain on full-time payroll status will have payroll deductions as usual, including employee health benefits. We are doing this to try to ease the burden placed on furloughed employees. The company reserves the right to revisit the coverage of benefits in the event that the temporary closure continues longer than anticipated.
• PTO payouts and accruals are suspended until business resumes. Your current PTO hours will remain intact and will be available upon your return.
• Company issued cell phones: while on furlough please do not use your phone for company business.
What are my options in the interim?
• During the furlough period, you file for unemployment compensation. Please follow the link below regarding specific details and provisions surrounding the application, eligibility, and collection of benefits.
• To assist you in applying for any eligible benefits, please reference the CA Employment Development Department.
Additional questions, updates
• If you have additional questions, send an email to [email protected] and Human Resources will respond as soon as possible.
• For you and your family who wish to receive counseling services, The Holman Group is available through Telehealth at (800) 321-2843 or www.holmangroup.com
A todos los empleados:
Como resultado de las nuevas reglas federales que extienden el cierre temporal de Fantasy Springs Resort Casino debido a la pandemia de COVID-19, y en lugar de despidos masivos, Cabazon Band of Mission Indians ha tomado la difícil decisión de descansar temporalmente a sus empleados a partir del 20 de abril sin goce de sueldo. La duración de este descanso es temporal en este momento no podemos determinar por cuanto tiempo estaremos fuera de servicio. Continuaremos actualizándolo y proporcionándole información relevante a medida que nuestra organización tenga una fecha de reapertura para regresar a trabajar y traer de regreso a nuestros valiosos empleados.
“Hemos tenido la suerte de haber podido pagar por un tiempo a nuestros empleados de tiempo completo y medio tiempo durante el cierre temporal”, dijo el Gerente General Paul Ryan. “Si bien esperábamos evitar cualquier tipo de paro laboral, el descanso temporal son una opción mucho más preferible a los despidos en este caso. Al continuar ofreciendo beneficios completos, estamos haciendo nuestra parte para garantizar la salud y el bienestar de nuestros empleados y sus seres queridos “.
¿Qué significa esto?
• Los permisos de descanso involuntario son un permiso de ausencia temporal que la compañia inicia. El período de descanso involuntario temporal es un mandato que puede modificarse o terminarse a la discreción de CBMI / FSRC, y no crea ningún contrato de trabajo, expreso o implícito.
• A partir del 20 de abril, todos los beneficios de empleados (médicos, dentales, de la vista, etc.) y sus dependientes elegibles que cuentan con cobertura continuarán cubiertos por la compañía sin contribuciones de su bolsillo por parte del empleado. Los empleados esenciales que permanecen en la nómina de tiempo completo tendrán la deducciones de nómina como de costumbre, incluidos los beneficios de salud. Estamos tratando de aliviar la carga que se impone a los empleados que estan en descanso involuntario. La compañía se reserva el derecho de revisar la cobertura de beneficios en caso de que el cierre temporal continúe más de lo previsto.
• Los pagos y las acumulaciones de PTO se suspenden hasta que se reanude el negocio. Por el momento usted no podra cambiar sus horas de PTO. Sus horas actuales de PTO permanecerán intactas y estarán disponibles a su regreso.
• Mientras esté en descanso involuntario temporal, si usted tiene un teléfono propiedad de la compañia para uso del trabajo favor de no usarlo.
¿Cuáles son mis opciones mientras tanto?
• Durante el período de descanso involuntario temporal usted puede aplicar atraves del desempleo para que reciba compensacion durante este tiempo que no recibira pago. Para mas informacion de las reglas y detalles para solicitar el beneficio del desempleo usted puede aplicar atravez de el portal desempleo en linea:
• Para ayudarlo a solicitar los beneficios elegibles, consulte al Departamento de Desarrollo de Empleo de California.
Preguntas adicionales, actualizaciones
• Si tiene preguntas adicionales, envíe un correo electrónico a [email protected] y Recursos Humanos responderá lo antes posible.
• Para usted y su familia que deseen recibir servicios de aseroria o consejeria, The Holman Group está disponible a través de Telehealth al (800) 321-2843 o www.holmangroup.com
Update March 25, 2020
To all Fantasy Springs employees:
I wanted to take a moment to update you on the temporary closure of the property. Both the Tribe and our executive team have been monitoring all medical and government updates regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) and we have come to the conclusion that our original re-opening target date of Tuesday, April 1st is no longer feasible. As a result, Fantasy Springs will continue to adhere to the CBMI mandated closure on a week-to-week basis until further notice. All full- and part-time employees will continue to be paid and receive benefits.
Fantasy Springs will continue to maintain a reduced work force for security and essential operations. We do not have a specific re-opening date to share at this time, but we will continue to share new information with you as it becomes available.
We encourage you to check https://www.fantasyspringsresort.com/employee-updates/ for regular updates, and feel free to email questions you might have to [email protected]. If you have any questions or concerns specific to your position, please contact your Manager or Human Resources.
We appreciate your patience and dedication to Fantasy Springs.
Update March 20, 2020
To all Fantasy Springs employees:
Throughout the temporary closure we’ll periodically update you as things change and new information becomes available. Due to the Governor’s statewide shelter in place mandate, we have closed the box office to the public. Tickets for upcoming shows can be purchased online.
In other news, many of you may have been wondering what we were going to do with the food from the restaurants and the EDR. The Tribe is generously donating over 10,000 pounds of perishable goods — including eggs, milk, lemonade, juice, bread, pastries, fruits, and vegetables — to FIND Food Bank, which serves people in need in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties, including right here in the Coachella Valley. Special to thanks to the Food & Beverage Department for their hard work and coordination in making this happen.
If you have any questions, concerns or information to share during this process, send an email to [email protected] and check back here for regular updates. We’re in this together.
Update March 18, 2020
We have had several near accidents and reports of speeding and unsafe driving. Disciplinary action may result from this kind of unsafe behavior. For everyone’s safety – please SLOW down and stop at the Public Safety check point.
Update March 17, 2020
Paycheck information for non-Direct Deposit employees: Beginning this Friday, March 20th, employees without Direct Deposit will be able to pick-up their paychecks at Dispatch beginning at 1 p.m.
The parking structure elevators will be disabled as of 6pm this evening.
For essential employees who will be reporting to work in the next two weeks may park on the 3rd floor of the parking structure and use the stairs.
Employees that require accessible parking may park in the valet lot across from the hotel.
Reminders:· There is no tram service during the closure
· The employee entrance is the only entrance
· All staff must sign in and out near Dispatch
· All staff must show Gaming badge upon entrance to the property
· Don’t forget to bring your own snacks and meal as the EDR will not have food available (Drinks will be available)
All hourly employees that complete their scheduled shifts during the closure will be eligible to deduct 2 attendance points from the oldest occurrence(s). Thank you for all you do!If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources.
A Message From The General Manager/CEO
To all employees:
Your health and wellness is of the utmost importance to us here at Fantasy Springs. With that in mind, we have decided to temporarily close to the public, effective Tuesday, March 17 at 6 p.m. through Tuesday, March 31, due to concerns over the potential spread of the coronavirus.
All full-time and part-time employees will be compensated during the temporary closure. The property will maintain a reduced work force in the interim to perform security and essential operations. We will continue to monitor new developments and regulations about the coronavirus in order to determine an appropriate reopening date.
Those who do not have Direct Deposit will be able to pick-up their paychecks at Dispatch on Fridays after 1p.m. All employees must be use the Employee Entrance and be in possession of their ID badge.
Please contact your manager or Human Resources with any questions. Check back on this page for regular updates and FAQs.
We greatly appreciate your contributions and cooperation during this process.
Below is the closure schedule for the property:
Hotel: Checkout Tuesday
LIT: 6 p.m. Tuesday
Fresh Grill Buffet: After lunch Tuesday
The Springs: 6 p.m. Tuesday
JOY: After lunch Tuesday
POM: After Lunch Tuesday
Starbucks: 6 p.m. Tuesday
Lique: 6 p.m. Tuesday
Rocky Mountain: 6 p.m. Tuesday
Pizza Kitchen: 6 p.m. Tuesday
Golf: End of day Monday
Retail: 6 p.m. Tuesday